Office Fit-out the Changing dynamics
Safety measures to be taken during office fit-out
1. Better air quality and natural light in the work space.
2. Reduction in office pollutants, using easy to clean, sanitize and maintain flooring ceiling and furniture.
3. Using anti spill, anti-bacterial fabrics.
4. Using sneeze guards and shields in close working areas.
5. Providing ample break out area not limited to pantry and canteen.
6. Recognize the importance of living close to nature by introducing biophilic office
7. Biometric access controls, virtual reality meetings.
8. Ventilation and air purifying systems, with noise reducing acoustic elements.
9. Automatic touchless sensor doors.
The office fit out industry worldwide has a big role to play in making the workspaces safe, adaptive, futuristic and ultra-flexible. To introduce designs that implement safety and wellbeing without forcing isolation. Utmost creativity and foresightedness are required from the interior designers to concentrate on the core work station areas and break out areas to give the staff an ample opportunity to mingle and socialise safely. AL’s the interior fit out industry has to come up with solutions for already fitted offices and workspaces to give the safety they require with minimum refurbishments.
With an intention to accommodate the requirements to the occupants, understanding the current need and applying foresightedness, the interior design industry will survive and thrive and adapt and master this new face of workspace environments, which we are all in the early stage of processing.
Written By – Shoaib Ansari, Business Development Manager, Design Infinity.